More observations for the record...I have been watching the pond's water column getting cooler and cooler. It has dropped from the upper 60's to the mid-upper 50's in the last week with the bottom at 7 foot a few degrees cooler than the upper sections. No evidence of stratification yet;keep in mind that the pond is 10 foot deep and my dock only allows easy temp readings down to 7 foot deep.

Feeding is pretty much non-existent by the game fish, maybe a few isolated surface takers. The minnows have stayed hidden for the most part, but the feed mostly disappears or gets dispersed by the FHM's over the course of 30 minutes. I will reduce the feeding from 1/3 pound/day in half and suspect that the will be reduced even further over the next week or so.

The crawdad's feeding enthusiasm has diminished, as well. It takes longer for them to show up to feed and it seems that there are only about half as many visible(6 total vs 12 before)at any given time. And, they are moving slower too.

Before too long it will be a chore to "hang out" at the dock and take readings...I don't like the cold!

Fish on!,
Noel