Now that I have really though about what I have been catching and doing a lot more reading I will be getting pictures of what we catch and post them up. Hope to get back to fishing there before it gets too cold. I have been spending all my time down there working on expanding the pond. The reason I originally thought it was LMB overpopulated was cause I was catching lots of LMB and no small BG or GSF. I would catch some nice BG in the 8" range. One other thing that made me think that there was a problem with small BG was when I would kill one of those horseflies and throw it in the pond it would almost be eaten immediately and I noticed a few yrs ago that while bushhogging and throw one in that nothing would happen. So I figured that the small fish around the edge was just not there like before. Now I have started a journal to keep records about the pond so I will start getting pictures and keeping better records than just in my head. Thanks for the responses. One other thing might be the CC that are in the pond are now getting pretty large and we have been taking them out as we catch them this year. Maybe the large CC have been taking out the small BG and not so much the LMB doing it.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe