Thanks Mike. I just have to figure out which of my neighbors has some RES in their ponds and a way to sneak in there and get some. But seriously I just like to have a place to go and fish close to home. I have also been taking out all the GSF big enough to eat. And for me that doesn't have to be too big. I have caught some GSF BG crosses which is pretty neat. The past few yrs I have really enjoyed working on the pond to make it bigger. I was able about 4 yrs ago to build my fishing dock when the water level got pretty low. I also done some real digging making some deep places and adding to the levee. I come up with a way to make brush piles so they would stay put. I had trimmed some limbs around the pond and just stuck them in the ground at the waters edge to make a fence and then filled in with the rest of what I had. I have plenty of trees on this ole 10 acre pasture my father inlaw had. It has grown up over the years and we do some deer hunting there now. It's located next to a bayou and woodlands. I have a big number of cedar trees that I plan to use in the brushpiles. When I first had the pond built I dragged a big cedar tree to a deep part of the pond. We used to catch a lot of BCP around that ole cedar. Sorry for being so long winded. I will get some pictures of my pond up as soon as I can get them and figure out how to post them. I really like this forum and have found a lot of ideas on here. I will share some of what I come up with also.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe