I have experience with two different pole saws. First I bought a Ryobi 18v cordless(Home Depot is exclusive Ryobi dealer). I still use this around the house and have made hundreds of cuts with it. Always wondered why I had not bought something like it years ago. It is not terribly fast but I have cut many 6" limbs around fence rows and pastures. Did I say I have made hundreds and hundreds of cuts with it? And it is still going strong. For a home owner with modest needs I highly recomend one.

Then I had a 3/4 mile of osage orange and other trees to side trim and clean up. The Ryobi would not reach high enough to suit me so I bought an Echo brand gas engine pole saw. I have two other Eco brand chain saws I'm very happy with so I went with Echo for the pole saw. The higher end model that telescopes out to, IIRC, 12 feet. It works so well I wondered why I didn't buy one 20 years ago. Cut limbs as high as I could reach up to 8". Works wonderfully but a person needs to be careful not to land a large limb on himself. Had a couple of close calls. I will put that saw to work again this fall when it cools off. I use it a lot of places where I used to reach as high as I could with a regular chain saw or have someone lift me up with a telehandler.

Those are my two experiences. Pole saws are highly useful. As far as electric corded, cordless or gas powered that is going to depend on a persons needs and pocket book.

Sorry I can't give you any experience with the specific brand you are looking at.

Last edited by snrub; 09/12/18 08:48 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine