I plan to routinely test for DO, pH, and monitor the temperature at different depths, the nutrient testing is something I will only get into if I have plankton blooming issues. My main concern is the ability to raise a decent population of Large Mouth Bass. I will be adding aeration in the spring, the trench for the power is scheduled to be dug as soon as the rains stop, and I hope to give the fish more 'breathing room' as my pond is over 20 feet deep but only .18 surface acres. I have considered the effect of the mason jar sampler on DO levels and will start out by sampling water from beneath the thermocline and draw samples both by the mason jar method and by using a van duren type sampler which I can borrow for a few days. If there is no appreciable gain the mason jar will do fine but if there is a gain, I have access to argon gas which I use to fill my dry suit when diving in cold water, the argon could be pumped into the mason jar before corking it up and it would eliminate any O2 interaction with the filling of the jar when the cork is pulled. The argon method may be a bit excessive but I do have access to it. Any thoughts?

[Linked Image from img.whynotgif.com]
[Linked Image from i68.photobucket.com]