Hogfan,
I’m guessing the rubber grommets or silicone would work just fine. The amount of dirt or debris that enters the vent pipe should be negligible. In my location the frost line is at 18”. In January of this year the temperature never got above freezing for 10 straight days. That rarely happens around here for an extended period of time. However, my objective is to have this system work wherever someone is located. I personally would like to be able to mow over the barely visible vent without concern of hitting the pipes but you are right any pipe above ground should be anchored with a post. Rex said the same thing as you about using a removable drilled cap in order to access the vent pipe inside the 4” vent supply pipe and I might just do that. You are correct the 4” vent supply is at approximately a 45 degree angle extending underground into the water resting on the face of the dam. The depth of the vent supply would need to come out into the pond onto the face of the dam below ice depth depending on where someone was located.
Thanks!
Heppy

Edit: No TEE needed on vent supply pipe.

Last edited by Heppy; 08/30/18 03:33 PM.