Originally Posted By: JKS3613
I'm confused. I thought you would want the diffuser very close to the bottom so that the anerobic bottom muck would be exposed and thus begin to degrade. I know I read that somewhere....lol

Our pond is heavy clay, I mean our township was well known for making clay bricks and field tiles.

This clay as it get super saturated with water turns into a jello that is about 10-16"s deep. My weight and air disk are at most 10"s tall. After pulling up the station the other day to clean the disk I found that the weight was full of super fine clay and the disk was sitting about 1"s from the pond bottom.

From the beginning of time with the aeration we have had a visibility of about 18"s max. The other day I pulled water from the pond and let sit in a bucket and fine clay settled out.

My thoughts are that as much boil we see at the surface there should be that much in draw from the bottom. I have these two stations in question in the two deepest parts of the pond. I would like to cut down on the suspended clay so if I need to fertilize the plankton I know its not clay changing my visibility.

I am thinking of 24"s more than what we are at now and see if it makes a noticeable change.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.