Anyone wanting to bring a dish or food is welcome to do so and if you are a great cook with a signature dish great, but do not feel obligated. Lunch is my treat. Some people do not like to come empty handed and that is fine, but I don't want anyone feel like they need to stop by a grocery store to get a bag of chips or cookies just so they will be bringing something. Your attendance is the important part.

There will be a couple coolers filled with diet and regular soft drinks and tea. There will be no beer provided but if anyone wants to bring their own cooler I have no problem with that as long as they drink responsibly.

These details are perhaps a little premature but I will try to reemphasize them a week or so before hand. A week or two ahead of the event I will ask for some indications of how many plan to attend, mostly for determining how much food to prepare for lunch. We have room for 10 or 100 but based on Highflyer's event I've attended twice my best guess at this time is we might have 15-25 people attending.

Bring fishing gear and lawn chairs. We have some folding chairs but those folding canvas lawn chairs with the cup holders that everybody has are much more comfortable so bring your own if you remember.

We have a 3 acre pond that I can pretty well guarantee fast action BG fishing. Probably no trophys but a lot of action. I hooked and "almost" landed what I estimate was a 4# LMB caught on a 1/64 oz jig while fishing for BG about a week ago. I had no landing net and as I reached down for it, it flipped the barbless hook and took off. I was relieved because at the time it was really too hot to be handling LMB so was glad to see it get off so easily. CC 4+#. So I think there is some decent fishing. Also have a 1 acre pond and if anyone wants to sample my new SMB in my RES pond I have been catching 4-10" ones to see how they have been doing. Feisty little buggers.

Will try to add more details as I think of them.

Last edited by snrub; 08/13/18 10:01 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine