Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Mostly, that has been discredited.

I don't think it's been proven either way, to be honest. Old wives tale or not, greenies sure do seem to be masters of miraculously materializing. Let's not beat that horse again tho.

They sure do and it all can't be due to bucket stocking. I saw them show up in a small pond built for cows out in an 80 acre field. The pond gets no runoff at all and GSF were apparently all that was in it. A drainage ditch a couple miles from me drains off about 180 acres. I've hunted that ground for years and there is absolutely no other BOW shedding water into that ditch upstream. None from the south either for at least a mile when it empties into a larger creek that probably does have some fish in it. The ditch is dry except after a big rain and there is a hole about a foot deep where the culvert goes under a gravel road. I like to stop and look in it once in a while. All I've ever seen in it are GSF in the 4 inch bracket. I guess they are swimming upstream over a mile and getting left in the hole when the water drops.