I know this is an old thread, but I am new to the pond 'business'. Just bought a small piece of property that has a small pond on it. I do believe I have the creeping water primrose on it and just had a quick question. This thread has alleviated my thoughts on it being a bad thing, but it definitely is thriving. I will see about posting a pic.

The one thing I am concerned about is the water level of the pond currently. We haven't had a TON of rain lately, but the pond level is pretty low. Other factor, of course, would be the extreme heat we are having. So...brings me to my main question:

Does primrose consume too much of the pond to bring it down too much? I have seen this pond for almost a year now and have never seen it this low, but also didn't see this much primrose either. The previous owner probably kept it at bay, but I am completely new to this venture, as I have lived in the city most of my teenage and adult life. When I was young and lived in the 'country', we didn't have a pond, so completely new to me at this point.

If it does affect the pond water level, should I just let it go, trim it back, add water (if possible - not a ton, but to keep it from getting too low)?

Thanks all.

Last edited by rwilliams; 07/13/18 03:58 PM.