Jpsdad,
I had to read your post on percentages 3 times before I caught your logic (I was about to call you out for using common core math!). I do plan on adding at least a couple more LMB before fall in hopes of an at least minimally successfull LMB spawn so those minor leaguers can be kept in their place.
To answer your question about how big they'll be by this time next year is...over 15" is getting culled. I may change my mind by then tho if this biggest bass shows tendencies to become a bruiser. But I won't keep but 1 BIG fish. They'll eat all my better perch.

Eric,
I was considering a rolling spawn as I knew not all fish go on the bed at the same time, but I swear I've been watching at least 5 males guarding for over 6 weeks now. It's a good thing they at least sample some of the feed I throw at them. I lost one of my biggest GSF recently because he wouldn't eat ANYTHING. I'm guessing it was at least 7". That being said, I do have a new crew of playboys doing their thing as well, but they're smaller fish. I can keep a close eye on most of them as my spawning area is really limited and visibility is around 3'. I'm not sure just how deep either species will spawn, but the GSF have an affinity for having their dorsal fins breaking water. Both GSF and BG right next to each other. This bunch of BG appear to be mostly around 4". My bigger bulls must have decided to sit this full moon out.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 06/27/18 04:50 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!