Threw the cast net in this RES pond trying to see if I have any RES recruitment. As the pond has dropped a few inches from dry weather I am seeing some abandoned nest sites.

After a dozen throws nothing except the two fish pictured below. Water is too clear and the fish too fast and widely dispersed. No RES.

But near some water primrose in shallow water I did snag a couple more SMB recruits with the cast net. They have grown enough since the last one I caught they would actually stay in the net. Well the bigger one anyway. The smaller second one was half way through the mesh when I picked it up.

Nice to know I have SMB and recruitment. I would really like to raise enough SMB in this pond to be able to transfer quite a few to my main pond and grow them out as bonus fish there. With LMB in the main pond they will not thrive like I hope they will here in the RES pond but they could still be fun to catch and might do ok there.

I took these two and put in my forage pond which also has SMB stocked.

Bad looking clouds came my way in a hurry so I headed for the house. Hope we get some much needed rain.

Attached Images
20180626_150813.jpg 20180626_151422.jpg 20180626_151757.jpg 20180626_151844.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 06/26/18 04:43 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine