Mike,the well will cost a lot, so I probably won't be able to do it till we build.I also need to know where the house will set for sure before drilling a well.I know the back of the house will only be about a 100' from the pond, but may be moved 50'-100' left or right.I talked to a well guy not long a go and he said some other problems with a well will be that most wells in my area over 600' deep, and at 600' it would take at least a 5hp pump to do me much good, and we might have to go 800' or more to find enough water.Which would take a even bigger pump.He also said that pumps that are good for ponds aren't good for house and vice versa, and that the bigger the pump the harder it will be to make it work and that a 5hp will probably be as big as I could use and make it work for both.I do plan to talk to another well guy, but I think I will have to see how deep they have to drill to know what I can do.Another down side is the monthly electric bill.All that being said, I hope I can do something with the well and I would think anything I can add from a well would be better than nothing,lol!

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss