Originally Posted By: Bassackwards
Thanks, everyone. I agree joint ownership is a hassle, but we already live around the pond. In order to buy most of the pond and some land around it, the only way we can make the deal happen is for it to be joint. A neighbor is selling and this is the way he wished to split it up and the agreement that was made between myself and the other party. There will be a new survey completed for both properties. The 5% owners property will be in a cove. I wonder if I can legally put a fence across the line in the cove if I so chose?? Obviously, we dont want it to ever come to that, but if he turns into that guy inviting every tom, dick, and harry over I would like to know that I at least have a little control with majority ownership. I own a small portion of the pond now and wonder why I'd spend the money if its "really not mine"

When it comes to the pond you don't own any of the water, just like you don't own the air above your property. I understand where you are coming from, but it doesn't change the fact that you and the neighbor have 50/50 access to the pond, even though you pay for 95% of the dirt under the water. If you have access now, I don't see the advantage to paying more for the same thing you already have.

1.8 acre pond with CNBG, RES, HSB, and LMB
Trophy Hunter feeder.