Welcome bcraley, you'll fit right in around here.

Put some RES in your stocking plans to reduce the snails that lead to parasitic grubs that end up in the flesh of your fish and, I think, the snails contribute to "swimmers itch" as well. Double check me on that!

Start planning a dock in your ponds future. They are preferred by swimmers over sandy beaches as they tend to get rather mucky in small ponds and take a fair amount of labor to keep them decent.

FHM will disappear and rarely be seen until they breed and then the explosions starts. I rarely see a full grown FHM in my pond, but the YOY are very numerous, ridiculously so. Look into adding some breeding structure to aid the FHM's spawning. This is crucial to getting a strong population started. Here's a thread to help with that...(the second page shows some pallet structures for the FHM's which has worked very, very well for me.)

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=458150&page=1

Tadpoles are a good sign of a healthy pond and they can be overwhelming until you get some fish that will eat them in the pond.

Your jar test results sound very positive and should be a good indication that the pond will settle out on it's own. Plants around the edges will likely occur on their own, but transplanting some native ones from other nearby ponds can help them get going. Just try not to bring in any hitchhikers that you may not want getting ahold in your BOW. AND, research the type of plants you find, some are not good to have and can overrun the pond. Get some sprinklers on the the grass seed, the dry days of summertime are here.

The film could be pollens and dusts. I notice that on my pond all the time and it tends to be gone the next day and back again a day or so later.

Fish on!,
Noel