That sounds like something I would do!! Lol. Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.

I call them pumpkinseed, but that may not be their real name. Body like a BG (broad sided) lots of bright green, almost flourescent coloring and a thin white stripe at the end of the earlobe, like a RES would have, but white. Watched two of them this evening dancing around in circles like they wanted to mate. Biggest I've seen is maybe 3".

The LMB are trying their hardest to make life rough for anything shorter than 3 inches. My biggest, maybe just over 12", made several passes through the feeding fish, then I saw other commotion in the main bedding area that had to be bass. Busting heads in inches of water. They keep at it like this and I may have a lunker in no time. They look pretty healthy from what I can see in a split second. I hope they're treating the BHC just as harshly and eat every crappie they come across.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 06/15/18 10:23 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!