There is a couple of notes that I should add that will help us to better understand pump specs and such...

After talking to a controls engineer that I know, I have learned that the "0.18 KW" from the spec sheet is merely a motor size. This is the metric equivalent to the 1/4 horsepower spec. It has nothing to do with the pump component just the motor as if it were not connected to the pump. Do not use this number for calculating electricity usage. The best way to estimate the watts would be to use the amp spec off the motor plate (4.4 amps for the 115volt or 2.2 amps for 220-230 volts - see photo below). For 115 volt wiring, you would have... 115 volts X 4.4 amp = 506 watts. BUT, this is only an estimate because the actual amps changes depending on your backpressure created at the pump. If my pump operates at 5 psi then my watts would also go up slightly.

[Linked Image]

Secondly, I will be retesting my pump without the intake filter. If the filter is adequately sized (larger than it needs to be), the results will not change much, but if the filter I ordered is too small then I should see a noticeable (EDIT) increase in amp draw. A filter that is undersized (too small) would cause the pump to work harder to pull the air in leading to higher amp draw. This test will help me to determine if the filter is too small. The same thing would happen if the filter got real dirty and began to choke the pump.

Attached Images
20180520_092854.jpg
Last edited by Quarter Acre; 08/29/20 11:36 AM. Reason: see "edit" not reduction

Fish on!,
Noel