Originally Posted By: AR-Tenner
I was looking into the cost of making the stuff myself, and even if I were to sink in the time, it doesn't look like I could reproduce any of the "The Pond Guy" habitat like the Honey Hole trees, logs, and shrubs at really any cheaper price than they charge. That polyethylene tubing gets expensive fast, and I wouldn't know where to look for the cast plastic frames.

I have these habitats and first they are not snag proof. They are less snaggy than soft wood in water, but I have moved the Honey Hole Tree about 20 feet from where I dropped it because the hook bit into an arm and that was that. So then I had to reposition it.

They are well made and come with clear instructions.

You can make your own trees, bushes and logs though. I utilized 5 gallon buckets, a 3" PVC pipe, and tubing to build my own tree. Oh and quikcrete to set the post in the bucket. But I also used traffic cones such as this one:

http://www.safetysign.com/products/8537/...BSABEgLJGvD_BwE

I used a 3" PVC pipe and tubing and quikcrete again to make my own logs. I started working with 12" PVC pipes to create my own "floating" and "submerged" logs as I don't like decaying wood and snagging sharp hooks into soft wood. lol