That large group landed on my main pond a couple times and before I got out to run them off they would synchronize dive and it appeared they were hunting in an orchestrated attack like you describe. How many times they landed while we were gone I have no idea.

Threw some feed out today again at the old pond and still very little activity. A few small fish very timidly taking feed and several catfish of some persuasion.

I think I am going to start catching 5-7" BG out of my main pond where I have an abundance and transfer a few hundred to this old pond. Whatever fish are left are going to repopulate the pond in a year or two so I want to make sure the GSF and BH do not get ahead of BG like happened before.

My biggest fear is they also got my SMB and RES in the pond right next to this old pond. I have seen no activity other than FHM. I take that back. I did see some cleared circles in the FA that could have been fresh nests. Will have to check again when the sun is overhead to see if fish were on them.

Last edited by snrub; 05/12/18 10:19 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine