I also have something very odd going on in one pond.

Early this year in my old refurbished pond the BG came to feed really well. In the last month we have been chasing cormorants off for about a three week period. At one point when they just started showing up there was a flock of a dozen on my old pond. They might have been there before I knew it. When they started showing up at my main pond I started checking the old pond too and found them several times.

The cormorants eventually were discouraged and moved on (I assume to their breeding ground???). My main pond, forage pond and sediment pond the fish are feeding like gangbusters. The only thing I can get to come to feed now in the old pond are a few bullheads, a couple pretty big CC and a couple large grass carp. The rare BG or GSF can be seen but it is like the pond is deserted.

Is it possible for a flock of a dozen cormorants over a few days to nearly clean out a pond? I had lots of BG feeding earlier in the year.

Pond is about one acre. If cormorants did this to this old pond, my RES/SMB pond is right next to it. So far I see nothing but FHM in it but I do not really expect to see a lot of other feeding activity. I would hate to have lost my RES/SMB. The old pond is not so high on my priority list. It is kind of my trash pond.

Last edited by snrub; 05/10/18 08:34 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine