Tried liming & fertilizing to increase fertility, but results have been less than spectacular. But there are signs that is changing now! smile

Visibility down to about 30 inches (yeah, I know that's still not great, but believe me it's progress from the usual 36 to 40 inches). Even better, for the first time EVER my bride & I saw a cloud of tiny fish, much too small to identify but likely CNBG.

Small BG and CNBG all over the place, totally different than last fall when few little guys were around due to poor recruitment. I'm guessing we lost some bigger CNBG due to fungus back then, but this spring we gained some both big and small from the forage pond and I think early spawn. We also dumped some ultra fertile green water from forage pond into main pond, which may have helped with the bloom.

Holographic scare tape has worked on cormorants, though geese could not care less. We did spot a GBH next the dock, so put up a couple of scare eye balloons. Geese ignored them, but hopefully GBH won't.

Feed trained N LMB going great guns, very aggressive & almost all fat.

We may add a smaller amount of pond fertilizer soon, maybe 25 lb, after adding 40 lb a few weeks ago. Bloom has obviously benefited from warming temps, would like to get it down to 20 to 24 inches viz.

Last edited by anthropic; 05/05/18 08:54 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160