Got back out to the lake yesterday. I checked the ph early and in several places. Where I had originally checked it it stayed the same.....about 9. That was in the back of a cove where the boat ramp is located. About 200yards or so further out of that cove where it meets the body of the lake it showed right at 6! Surprised to see that much change so close. I went to the far end of the lake in another cove and again got a reading of 9. Went back in the main body, still at the far end and got a reading between 5/6.
I had guess at the clarity of the water in the first post and guess wrong. With a white spinner bait on my rod I can see it pretty clear at 30/32 inches. It fades out pretty well at 36.
Again how accurate is the test kit? API Masrer Pond Water test kit. Was recommended I check the water hardness. This kit does not test that. Is there another one that does?
One more thing I’ve noticed. The last few times I’ve been out all the fish I’ve caught have come from the back of coves. I’d assume that might mean that the fish are more tolerant to the higher ph? Or maybe just setting up for the spawn.
Thanks to all!

Htbboats