I have a dam that is 200ft long, planned to 20-25ft high from bottom of face, 40 ft high from toe for a 2 acre impoundment. It blocks off a deep ravine. The dam will look like a question mark (NOT MY DESIGN) when completed. It doesn't have to, but the contractor thought it would be a good idea to bowl out the straight dam because, "curves look good in a pond". Now I have a cut dam down 15ft straight through....about 150ft remains of the old straight dam, which I would like to be re-cored. I want this thing done once and done right. The new curve is complete, but the old straight dam needs to be reworked and pushed behind into the ravine.

WHAT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT TO DO IT MYSELF? I WILL RENT BTW.

My thoughts go to a bull dozer to remove the old dam quicker, but I have a haul from the opposite side of the pond to move clay to rebuild. (Did I mention it still is holding about .47 acres of old water? NO? meant to!)So I have to haul around the rim of the old pond and be weary of sludgy old black clay. There is about 40ft of exposed bank before the face of where my new dam will be cut.

I also thought of renting a high lift to bucket scoops of earth and still have the weight for compaction. But.....my thoughts are that it will take longer bucket by bucket full to rebuild the dam.

I have about 3 more thousand to finish. I have dropped 3 already. Was quoted 4K to re-core.

God has blessed us with this day, what we do with it is up to us.