Originally Posted By: Mark Hopper
Thanks Rainman for you help.
The water is pretty clear,probably see a spinner bait at least 16/18 inches. It was not fertilized at all last year and has no green tint to it. The lake was drained for the process of installing a new drain/ overflow system. This took about a year to complete. While all of this was going on grass/ weeds grew up in it in most parts about waist high. Would that be having a effect on the ph?
I’ve really only been fishing for the Bass. What I think what were the original stockers are averaging 4lbs but I’ve caught some almost 7. I’ve picked up a few crappie that are about 10 inches and the bream are about 6 inches. I might add that the bass look like footballs, very fat!
Thanks again!

Mark, I'm no expert, but that much grass & weeds decaying under water should have given a huge amount of natural fertilization. Very similar to a new impoundment, you really should have bigger BG than that.

If you need help taking out small bass, I volunteer my services! smile My favorite techniques are ultralight and fly fishing, both well suited to the smaller fish.

And if you'd like a change of pace, you'd be welcome to join me at my little (by comparison) BOW. Some big BG and RES, LMB up to 20 inches have been caught. Newly stocked Northern feed trained LMB around 12 to 16 inches & fight like crazy. I need help taking out smaller bass, too!

Last edited by anthropic; 04/21/18 10:57 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160