Thanks for your input, very much appreciated!, My pond is located in the northeastern most county in Iowa, Allamakee. Goals include as good of fishery as a small pond can be while providing any other wildlife habitat, Migrating fowl, deer waterhole, swimming. I pulled about 25 hybrid bluegill a few largemouth bass and 3 perch through the ice, The perch were tossed in last spring from a river nearby prob 10 or so. most of the bass I catch are in fact 10-14 inches and always thrown back. I have never caught a bigger one, and until this year most of the fish caught were thrown back. I notice a big change in the water recently through the summer months, it turns brown until cool weather than looks healthy again. this started to happen after I dug out 3 big cattail patches. The pond was stocked heavy with catfish, bass and hybrid bluegills and (6) 1 ft long grass carp. Over the years other fish have been tossed in from various fish outings from smallmouth bass, walleye, perch , crappie, Only the perch have been recaught. Is it possible to post a picture I cant figure out how