Ok, I’m here to pick the brains of pond boss members. I’ve got 10 Tiger Muskie that are 13-16” long. I’m planning to divide them into 2 groups of five and put them into 2 different 4’ x 4’ x 4’ cages off my dock. My goal is to train them to feed on cut bait. I’ve got a trout farm up the road where I get fresh frozen trout remains every week. Plenty to feed a few Muskie. My questions are..... 1) will they eat cut bait? And 2) how do I go about feeding it to them?

In my mind I assume they will eat cut bait because I’ve heard of people catching both pike and pure Muskie on cut bait. So that puts me at question #2.... For a few days I plan to just throw the cut bait in and see if they’ll eat it off the bottom. When I began throwing trout remains to catfish, they were smashing it on the surface in days. Can I expect a similar response with Muskie? Or would I be better served to somehow suspend the cut bait in the cage as if I were fishing it under a bobber, but without a hook? And if I choose to suspend the bait for training purposes, does anyone have any ideas how to do such?

Anyway, I wanted to start this thread so I could chronicle my results and share with others that may attempt such a task.

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'