Originally Posted By: Rainman
Originally Posted By: Bobbss
Rex and John,I heard you guys loud and clear!But,my pond build seemed convinced that it would help.I figured it would be hard for me to complain about his work if I didn't try what he was saying.lol!So, for good or bad,whether or not a total waste of time and money, I put a half a pallet of bentonite down today.I walked around and put deep foot prints in the mud before putting the bentonite down then used a shovel to chop and mix things up the best I could.I tried to tamp things down with a 10" tamp but it was to muddy.If things dry out some before the next rain I'll try again.I think my pond builder is hoping it will slow things down and hold water longer so cracks from the drought will have more of a chance to close,and the bentonite might help fill in cracks.
I've heard of people having leaky ponds,then after letting livestock in the area,the pond would stop leaking from the livestock packing things down.Whether or not that is true,I don't know,but maybe me tromping around in the mud will help.lol!
At least now I can say I tried.lol!

Penning in hoofed animals in an area is where the name came from for a "Sheep's Foot Roller"
It is funny how some things and old sayings got their names and got started.

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss