I have not heard of it. Pond leaks are always going to be a mystery. I always have a wet spot behind my dam. It sits right in the original ditch bottom. It never has any current, and has weird orange algae growing in it. It does collect water from the back of the dam and hillsides when it rains, so it's very hard to tell if it's from the leak.
As I mentioned earlier, after soilfloc, my leak slowed to 1/4" a day. I'll live with that, as evaporation must be al least half that.
Maybe wait until it full, maybe even a second time full. Try the soilfloc after the second fill, unless the leak is just crazy fast, as in inches per day.
I think I've also had some self sealing from sediment settling on the bottom. This winter I had four inches of ice for two months. I watched it to see if the water below the ice would drop, it didn't seem like it was..
Don't lose hope, if you don't see water running out the behind the dam somewhere, maybe it'll slow down.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023