Hey, It's been a while since I've posted. It's been a crazy year. Built a retirement home 83 miles north of Houston. Moved in to it. Got a home in Houston ready to sell right before Hurricane Harvey blew through. Had another surgery that week. Finally, got the house sold. Am picking up more acreage that touches our south fence line. I really wanted to attend the Conference in Conroe, but that was not to be. I'm still working for another few years. Oh well....

I'm not sure where this Algae issue came from. I've cut the feeder off so as too not dump excess feed in the water as the fish go dormant here. Not sure if this is an over-abundance of nitrogen issue introduced into the pond or what. It's just an area up against the bank where the wind blows it. My pond was built in 2014 and does not have aeration. It has a bottom siphon overflow system and the water stays fairly circulated out during the rainy season. We have not had rain in a while. The pond water level is down about 8". Is there a natural way to get this issue cleaned up, do I need to add chemicals, or do I just let it run it's cycle? All I've ever added to the pond since it was renovated was ag lime 2 years ago.

...when in doubt...set the hook...