For me, a Trophy deer may be a trophy only to me. I hunt or try to hunt older and I don't see very many of those deer. I usually hunt from a tree stand and in doing so I have had many a buck under me for me to just watch and see or learn from. And even when I see the deer I am looking for I may not have the opportunity to take the shot. Things like, he comes up on the wrong side of me (I can't pull and aim with my left arm or left hand). And so now, even more so he becomes my trophy deer. Or like last season while hunting a scrape, there was a beautiful 10 pointer just a few feet away and I could have easily made the shot but he was just 2 and a half yr old or so I thought at the time. He was no doubt a young buck. For aging, I make a fast glance at a deer's neck and then I look fast at the front shoulders. For this buck these were all small sized and his rack had no mass and the antlers were only a 1/2" thick but the rack was high and a perfect 10. For me he was a trophy deer or he will be.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy