Originally Posted By: bucks n beaks
Sorry guys. Been out of town on business this week and just now getting back to this. But thank you for the responses so far.

Originally Posted By: Redonthehead
Is lowering the water level to enable installing pilings an option? That's what I did with my new lake this summer. It filled up before I was ready so I siphoned it down so the dozer could push stumps in, some brushpiles installed, a rock boat ramp, but mainly pilings for a large fixed dock.

It is pretty low right now due to very little rain the last couple of months and Mississippi heat but will fill up pretty good over winter and spring. As I'm just now moving in to the place, I have too many other irons in the fire to actually fool with any improvements on the pond now. I have heard of some instances where the barrels don't function to full expectation. But if I can get it floating this spring and get at least a year's worth of use out of it this way, then I will go in while at full pool and install wooden or galvanized posts to make it stationary. Stationary is my final goal. I have pondered both driving and water jetting posts. I was just inquiring about setting the posts with 5 gal buckets/concrete as another option. Has anyone had any success with this option is the main question. Thanks again.

We jetted in 2" dia. galvanized pipe for the pier at the lake house. Sandy soil, no rocks. It's been in place for going on 40 years. BUT, the water level usually doesn't fluctuate more than a foot.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).