Well I got good news and bad news.

The good news is that I caught a couple of RES out of this forage pond, which is what it is supposed to be raising. Pictures are in this RESxGSF hybrid thread so will not re-post them.

Also caught a few in the previous week.

The bad news is am still catching hybrids shown in the above linked photos and the worse news is it looks like I have a bang up crop of GSF late spawn fingerlings. I have not trapped much this year and by the looks of the picture below, I need to be.

I checked the three traps three times in the time span of about an hour and the results were a total of 4 RES fingerlings and a dozen or two of GSF and perhaps some hybrids. So my little forage pond is going "green" as in GSF and I do not like it. Will trap as many as I can in the next few weeks. I had removed about a half dozen 6-7" GSF a few weeks ago by hook and line. Looks like they got their deed done before I got them out.

The RES went back in the forage pond and the GSF went "away". I'm getting some RES recruitment but the GSF are keeping the numbers way low. I should have loads of RES fingerlings instead of all these GSF fingerlings.

Maybe I will have better luck in my pond dedicated to raising RES.

Attached Images
20171019_181507.jpg 20171019_181513.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 10/19/17 11:45 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine