Hi, My name is Nolan . I've been lurking around this forum for the last 6 months (when my wife suggested that she would like a pond) It appears that I would build a ground water pond, My 5 acres is sand and when I was moving dirt I hit water at 3 feet. I staked out a 1/3 acre area and had some dirt guys give me a bid to dig it to 12'. Since the pond has to be dug and the sand hauled off (I do not have any where to put it on the property) . I was quoted 35 to 40 thousand dollars (I am not spending that kind of money on just dirt work). Then came Hurricane Harvey and the pond was put on the back burner. Then I got a call from the highest bidder and he needs my sand and will dig the hole for no cost if he can have the sand ( and he needs it now and wants to start on Monday)When I look at my neighbors ponds it looks like it will need to have sloped banks, I would like to aerate, I have a good well(since it will be a ground water pond if I add water with a well will it help low water levels if there is a drought)I have a million questions and I am not really ready but a free hole in is hard to resist. Would you take advantage of this opportunity,They are not "pond" guys. The pond guy I've contacted does not have the equipment to dig wet sand.