A specific question. On several occasions since renovation I have seen a fish jump. It just clears the water, about 10 inches, light from 1/4 down, dark green above, very flat, long and thin. Looks like the shad my son catches in New Jersey.

I also see a school of maybe a dozen very small fish at the shallow end. They stay together but spook as I approach.

Any ideas on what either or both might be never seen them before renovation.

An observation. When I was a kid 60 years ago, weeds grew thick in the Spring fed end of the Lake only. I now assume due to the clear water flowing in there. It annoyed me but as I remember it always teemed with tiny bream and bass. I would sneak down at first light and cast from beyond where I could be seen to just outside those weeds. On several occasions, I would catch a large bass. I know why now and would welcome those weeds if they only grew there.

Canyon Creek, I agreed not to share the numbers so I will honor that other than my vague description earlier.

Last edited by Mal; 10/11/17 01:46 PM.

1.3 A, 80 yr old, renovation summer 2017, SW VA, 2000' elevation, Shallow, Spring Fed, Little Watershed, Stock Fall '17 with LMB, BG, RESF, FHM. Indigenous: Triploid Grass Carp, Israeli Carp, GSH