Thanks Bill, I appreciate the advice. The grass and Israeli carp are still there practically fighting over the tiny amount of duckweed at the entrance. Unfortunately the neighbors admit to,"throwing in a few catfish and LMB". My stocking may well be expensive fish food but I see numbers of small fish surviving since the rebuild and have fished heavily with nothing caught..

Draining or poisoning are both impractical.

I fully expected the pond to muddy up again due to the carp but it hasn't. My hope is that the carp will control the weeds and algae either through consuming it or reducing the viz trying to. The grass carp are about 20 yrs old yet only about 12 inches. I caught an Israeli carp years ago that was 30 lbs. Tasted like mud. His brother(s) have been seen recently at about the same size.

The stocking is paid for so their numbers it will be. I did get several opinions but theirs seemed more educated and they expressed more interest in my specific situation. Having said that, I totally understand your suspicions. 5 to 8 yrs sounds great to me then let the kids join Pond Boss. My goal is a few bass for fishing friends and family and panfish no matter how small for the kids. I mostly just love the view out the window and walking around it. It's not like waking up on a sailboat 200 mi out.... but it's as good or better in its own right.

Again, thank you so much, the forum has been a great help already, I wish I had found it sooner.

Last edited by Mal; 10/11/17 12:30 PM.

1.3 A, 80 yr old, renovation summer 2017, SW VA, 2000' elevation, Shallow, Spring Fed, Little Watershed, Stock Fall '17 with LMB, BG, RESF, FHM. Indigenous: Triploid Grass Carp, Israeli Carp, GSH