So, first post here on the site after doing a lot of reading over the past couple of weeks. I wanted to get some opinions. from people who know way more about this than I do.
I have been a fisherman for as long as I can remember, and have always wished I could have my own pond. Well, that dream as become a reality, kind of. On my recently acquired farm in central Virginia, there has been a large wet spot for as long as anyone can remember. In point of fact the spring feeding it is marked on the original plat of the property from the mid 1800s. A small pool was dug for the spring to see if it filled. After this pool filled up a larger pool was dug, and now I have two "ponds" I say "ponds" because one is probably 10' x 15' and 3' deep, and the other is 30' x 20' and 4.5' deep. Temperatures from the spring water average about 60-70 in the small pond, and 65-75 in the larger My idea would be to put some sort of predatory fish in the larger pond, and use the smaller pond as a source of forage fish. The spring has a lot of water volume, but hardly any flow, so I may need to aerate for oxygen which won't be a problem.

All of that background information for this question: What kind of predatory fish, and what kind of forage fish. Or any other recommendations that you all have.

Thanks in advance!!