I have no problem removing LMB and yes the ones I catch seem to be in the 8-14" range. How many bluegill should I add? I can get 5-6" range for $1.25 a piece, 3-4" for $.55. Should I get red ears as well? I do plan to fertilize the pond and continue feeding the fish the pellet food. The boys like watching the cats come up and feed so I would like to keep a few cats in there. Also I plan on adding more PVC structure for smaller fish, 2 more larger Georgia cubes off the point where the two coves are, and lots of lines of smaller PVC structure extending out to the 8' depth range, and making spawning areas with pee gravel and sand mixed on top of pallets. One hatchery I spoke with suggested 20 lbs or fat head minnows twice a year at $10 a pound. ($400 and they are 80% water!)I know the catfish are feeding on the pellets, can't say I'm seeing bluegill feed on them. I am building a home at this land so it will be easy for me to work on pond. We did catch 6 good sized BG the other night right off the Georgia cube, it has been in the water for only 2 weeks so myself and my 4 year old were very happy.

Thanks for all the advice!

Also, if my catfish eat pellet food will that help in keeping them from eating my blue gill?

Last edited by tallryan610; 08/28/17 12:07 PM.