Here's a few...

I put 9 acres of stocking fish into a 17 plus acre pond. Probably should have had it measured before ordering fish...

Never put a big siphon in to start with. Did wind up putting 8" over the dam (below frost line) with valve at top and near bottom). That big valve at bottom was expensive, but it is wonderful to go there and turn it on without having to waste time priming, etc. Saves hauling pump other gear and hours.

Didnt leave enough soil mounded up over siphon trench so it did have valley where settled.

Relied upon spillway too much. Water going over spillway can allow trash fish in (think that may be how i got bullheads and green sunfish). I should have had a vertical drop so fish couldnt swim up water flow into pond. Also, even clay will eventually erode when enough water flows over it and under that clay can be bunch of sand!

Worried too much about having green sunfish and bullheads in pond. I wasted a lot of time and energy fretting about it.
I think it was probably Bill Cody who assurred me the LMB would eventually resolve the situation and he was right.

I didnt put structure in when it was built.

I havent maintained or managed the pond.

Been inconsistent with fish feeding.

And probably the worst thing of all...

I havent made time to really enjoy it nor have had other family members / trusted friends enjoy it.

Im sure there are more i'll think of after i hit submit.

Is there a thread for what we did right?

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]