Originally Posted By: peachgrower
I too would love to see pics and video! The girls are always looking over my shoulder asking what I'm reading. Great to involve the kids!

Out of curiosity, about how many amps does your micro-scale aquaculture tank consume?

Solar panels seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper...might be something to that.

What is an amp?lol. We are in milliamp-land with this venture. Currently the only power required involves a D-cell powered aerator that runs only a couple hours each evening to destratify tank. Next year I may want continuous service to ventilate a sunfish nest or to and keep keep plankton cultures rolling gently.

The lighting to attract night flying insects is what I am trying to wrap my head around. What bulbs are effective that I can operate in a high humidity setting? The black lights like used on light-traps are at top of list but a fixture supporting lamp needs to be worked out. Light-trap I use for teaching is not made for continuous / frequent use although it can be powered by 12-volt power point of an automobile. If that could be worked out then it might be scaled up for use on an organic reservoir I am trying to work for aquaculture.

Last edited by Jim Wetzel; 08/19/17 05:51 AM.

Aquaculture
Cooperative Research / Extension
Lincoln University of Missouri