REBEL:

I'm not the pond expert that a lot of these people are, but I still feel qualified to post a response. Sounds like a muskrat for sure. Kill him! Next, fix the hole! One of the posts made a lot of sense to me. That person said that the muskrat basically has made a freeway inside your dam. I like that post and one other post's solution to your problem with one further sugestion from myself. I like the idea of filling sandbags with clay and trying to plug the hole on the pond side, or at least slow it. Next, I would dig the hole out and take a gander at the damage. I would then shove in the regular clay deep down into the hole until you get to where you can easily work on the rest. Now, I would line the rest of the hole with plastic and fill it in with large rocks/bricks, rebar, and cement. After it all dries, I would remove the sandbag from pond side and fill that part of the hole in with clay and rocks/bricks. Hopefully that will work. Good luck! Hopefully I will have my own 2 acre or larger pond in the near future!

CATMANDEW