Originally Posted By: peachgrower
Welcome again Jim! Glad you are here!

I went to see my dad last night, he was having surgery so I was not able to snap any pictures of the beds. I'm under a truck changing a transmission now, so won't be today either. Although I have looked at the shore in passing yesterday and earlier today. The males are in fact on those beds, and I can see the yellow tinge around the fins. They sprint off if I get close. I know for a fact they have been there two days now. Will check again tomorrow and track dates. Then try to track the return. Rains seem to really effect these beds from what I have seen. I do not know if that is a fact or not...but seems to. Seems they always pop up after a rain. I'm going to start recording this on a piece of paper. I will try to get you pictures soon also.

I'm anxious to see the thread on feed also. Have been feeding TSC trophy 36% this year, but my AM500 came in today. Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

I too love this forum. I have been on so many different ones I have lost count, this one by far is the most friendly and mature. My 7 year old daughters could look at this and I would never give it a second thought. You can't do that on just any forum..well in fact they do when I'm laying around with the computer. lol

Criteria I also like to meet is knowing if given male repeating reproductive effort. Females harder to assess but some males have marks. Be certain to rule out hybrids, some have yellow.

Aquaculture
Cooperative Research / Extension
Lincoln University of Missouri