I am totally onboard with the corrective criticism tone of thought, it just seemed like the criticism i was receiving was not of that tone. More like hey your idea is never going to work this is the system i sell and you have to use it for your pond to work. I totally get that people do this for a living and might have a superior system. I at no means need a top of the line system. My pond has some crappie (not stocked must have been dropped in by bird feathers) LMB, CC, and some pan fish. I bought this house and fish were already in there. I am not looking at raising the best fishing hole in the world. I just knew my water quality sucked due to the excessive amount of duck weed taking over. I am not going to put any more chemicals and now that i have aeration i should keep the fish from starving out of oxygen until next spring when i can keep the duck weed help back. If i plan on upgrading my system i will definitely look at a vertex diffuser just for comparison only. I think the pool is a great way to see how the two work. And i am sure some people would like to make their own set up rather than buy.

Just an average guy trying to keep up two ponds.
Main pond 9000 sq ft with 1700 sq ft island 5.5ft avg depth
Second pond 2400 sq ft 4ft avg depth