Saturday was pond netting day and what a fun day it was. First the fish. Walleye: We put in 42 or 43 that were 2 1/2 inches long about 4 years ago, We netted 21. 20 of them were the same around 14 inches and about a pound to a pound and a half. 1 was 18 inches and pushing 3 pounds. Perch: Not near as many as I thought there would be. 15 to 20 really nice ones 9 to 11 inches. very few 1 year old perch. Thousands of this year fry that were too small for the net. Blue Gill: Really surprised that there was very few big gills, only about 10 big ones, Not even very many of the next size down say 5 inches or so. But there was thousands of 2 to 3 inchers. Green Sunfish: It turns out that I didn't have the problem I thought I did Only netted about 100.

Overall, I'm happy with the health of my Walleye. When feeding my blue gill I think every good gill in the pond was coming for feed. What Perch I have are healthy but its obvious the Walleye are hammering them. When I was seeing lots of greenies right up against the shore I was seeing everyone in the pond. The only real surprise was 1 huge bull head catfish.

As for the after party, We cooked up 100 sausages 50 burgers and 50 cobs of corn. I'm not going to admit to how many empty cans of beer there was the next day. Lets just say my head still hurts.