If you move fish from another water source, you are always at risk of transporting diseases/parasites. there are ways to "clean" them, but to me not worth the work or risk. I would rather buy from a reputable source to avoid all that. You also need to learn exactly the species you are moving. Lots of fish look like another, and get mistakenly transported, only to ruin the original intent of doing good.

That's a fair amount of fishing, I would bet half of the lack of bite may be due to the fishing pressure.

If you want some hybred BG, then I would get some from a good source. I still feel you need to manage what you got there already. Yes, it takes some time, and learning. Learn what to cull, and when, to achieve your goals.

Pellets are a matter of how much you want to do. A little or a lot, depends on budget. The biggest thing with pellets is doing it consistently. same time and place very day. If you can't do that, then it may not be good for you. You could buy a feeder. But they are expensive. But adding 50.00 worth of minnows, ten times, adds up fast to. By the way, it takes 10# of forage to put one pound of weight on a LMB. So how many minnows in a ten pounds? or how much does 10# of minnows cost. That adds up fast. Now multiply that by 30 bass.... you are better off concentrating on building up the BG to feed the bass. Also that big bass you caught, it will eat a 8" BG. If you get to many LMB in a larger size, they put on a hurt to the breeding BG. Before you know it, all the large BG are gone, then there are none left to keep the food chain going. You need to cull LMB, just a matter of what sizes, etc to match your goals.

Don't worry about the questions. That's a good thing. I think you are doing great for a younger age. Go to the archives here: http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=22&page=1 and read some. So much info there it is unbelievable. It will answer a lot of questions, and will create more too.