Getting Aquamax product is always a little sketchy for me. As far as I know I am the only one to have ever ordered AM products from the two different Purena dealers I have dealt with. They handle the floating catfish food and keep it on hand. Feeding fish is not real common in my area.

I have to order very early in the season (March usually) and I might get my first batch in May. I usually have to start feeding some Cargill branded 36% stuff from Tractor Supply till the AM shows up. Last two orders of 4 bags of MVP each time got 3 the first and 1 the second. First order of year for 6 bags MVP they sent AM600 instead.

I keep enough ahead I rarely run out during the season (feed the Cargill if I do) so it is not a big issue for me. Just hardly any call for the product in my area so I figure it has to come from a warehouse far away.

Some people must feed fish in my area because all the farm stores carry the 32% floating catfish food of one brand or another. But I think it must mostly be one bag at a time recreational feeding. Seems to be no interest in higher quality feeds. Or maybe most people simply don't know higher quality feeds are available. Sometimes when I go to Tractor supply I buy all the 36% Cargill Trophy Sportfish they have at the time, as they do not carry a very big quanity.

Last edited by snrub; 07/18/17 09:04 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine