I did something similar this past Friday afternoon. Except I went to a public 80 acre state-managed BG/RES/CC/Black Crappie lake. No LMB can be taken. The lake supposedly has northern pike and musky, but I've never seen either while fishing this lake over the last dozens years or so. It is regularly stocked with trout from October through May.

This mountain lake is at about 1500 feet elevation and has unlimited water visibility. It is surrounded by wooded mountains up to about 3500 feet. It was kind of busy on Friday -- two boats, each with two people, and another bank fisherman like me.

The sunfish fishing was absolutely crazy. Nothing could hit the water without an immediate strike.

I got the biggest wild RES I have ever caught -- a 10" female that was oozing eggs.

I'm generally not into bucket stocking, but she in my main pond now, along with five good sized males (each about 8 inches) that looked like they were ready to explode.

I also brought back quite a few ready-to-spawn 9-10 inch male and female bluegill for my neighbor's new pond.

It was much better therapy for my brain than any of my yoga sessions or my nightly meditations.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!