From May 20th to the 24th we had 4.5" of rain at our pond site. The biggest rain was on the 20th and was 2.7". I'm at full pool for the first time in a long time. My drainage is split 50/50 (roughly) between old standing timber, with lots of oaks and hickories, and two alfalfa fields. Plus there is a gravel/dirt road that runs down hill from two directions and funnels quite a bit of very dark runoff into the pond.
I've had pretty clear water for the last few years. Rainman did the alum treatment a few years ago and it was incredibly clear after that.
After these last few storms which ended five days ago, I've got brown stained water. It has a brown tint to it. It's still pretty clear, I'm just not used to brown. It's been mostly green up until now. I've got a couple of pics one that I tried to capture the brown color with, and another taken in shallow water that shows the clarity.
My question is, is this a normal color? I've read posts in the past about a bad brown algae, and I sure don't want to have that. We will be swimming in it next weekend if it's warm enough.
Any suggestions on how I can get it tested, or test it myself, to make sure it's not the harmful algae. My daughter is bringing her two yr old twins, they like to float around in life jackets. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

Attached Images
IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023