Originally Posted By: Bill D.
my first question is how to manage American Pond Weed. I have some that I really like but I also don't want it taking over the pond. Besides mechanical removal...is there a contact herbicide that I can use to spot treat areas without wiping out the entire patch? Would spraying select floating leaves on the perimeter of the patch with a pond safe glyphosate like AquaNeat be ok? What's the best way to move some to another area of the pond?
In my experiences, glyphosate is largely if not entirely ineffective for controlling APW. You're probably better off to apply a topical application of AQUATHOL K to targeted areas of APW, although a productive treatment may also mean some collateral damage to other nearby susceptible vegetation. Attempting this approach will greatly depend upon calm surface-conditions, to limit lateral migration of any product that lands in the water.
============================
Originally Posted By: Instar
Pond safe glyphosate? That is contradiction of terms. Study after study has shown that gyphosate is toxic to aquatic organisms.

INSTAR: Please cite such studies; preferably only peer-reviewed and journal-published studies since they tend to lack ulterior motives.
Thanks!