I have a problem with carp in my lake built in 2012, (60+ acres). Did not put them in must have come down stream from one of the 20 ponds above my lake. There is probably no way to keep them out, so is there some way to control them. Was thinking of HSB, walleye or Yellow catfish or maybe bluecats. If I would put in large amounts of predators would they keep them under control. Have tried to get bass established but did not have much luck. What carp I can see are in the 5 to 20 lbs range. Have removed some with bow but no where near enough.

There is a drain for the lake but do not know if the state will let me open it to drain any water out, ( took three months to drain it last time it was drained). I would hate to go to all the trouble to drain it and then just end up back to where I am now. What I was hoping for was a pond with 2 to 5 lb bass, 1 lb blue gill and crappie and some larger cats to fish for when all you want to do is sit down with a drink and relax.
I can see down 3 feet and there is lots of moss already this year. Spring fed and it stays at full pool 10 months out of the year and only drops a foot in July and August. It also can hold back another 15 feet of water on large rains but drops back down in 7 to 10 days.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss