A couple of things I've noticed. My pond is about 1.5 acres. The 4 wheeler does a couple of things. First, it lets the fish know I'm there and it might be chow time whether I trip the feeder or not. But, they seem to expect a quick test throw. I think they hear the Texas Hunter warming up and come to the feeding area. Second, it lets them know that I just might have a fishing pole in my hand. They got to the point where they would ignore a hook with a piece of night crawler. OK, Stubby Steves fixed that. A red and white bobber is less effective, for me, than a plain old brown cork one. My remaining catfish will tail slap a red and white bobber when I'm feeding.

I have found that my footsteps on the bank also makes a difference and bass get a quick case of lockjaw. Plastic lures and rubber worms are useless on my educated fish. I have to first catch some BG's and come back an hour later without using the 4 wheeler. It seems to help when I crawl up to the pond and keep a low profile.

If I try to fish often, my catch rate goes down significantly.

My conclusion is that pond fish can learn about footsteps on the bank and 4 wheelers.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP